Monday 6 July 2015

Hold the Mayo

I'm beginning to loathe eggs. Low in carbohydrates, high in protein, one of nature's perfect foods... blah. They're good for me and everything but I haaaate the egg whites, they smell like farts and have a vomity taste. Mayonnaise is wonderful but the mild flavor doesn't do much to compensate for the barfy egg whites. Inspiration struck during lunch: I had leftover guac and two hard boiled eggs... I wonder if this is how the peanut butter cup guys got started.


Hard boiled eggs, the quantity depends on how hungry you are
1 heaping tbs of guacamole per egg

Peel, rinse, and pat dry the eggs. Slice them lengthwise, carefully remove the yolks into a smallish bowl. Add the guacamole, mash with the yolks. Correct the seasoning (I didn't use any as the guac was medium spicy) then spoon the mixture back into the whites. Arrange on a plate, take pics, Instagram your friends, or just eat them in anonymity.

No comments:

Post a Comment